External Wall Insulation in Leicestershire
Why External Wall Insulation?
There are many reasons why external wall insulation is a great investment.
External Wall Insulation;
- can be applied without disruption to the household
- does not reduce the floor area of your home
- renews the appearance of outer walls
- improves weatherproofing and sound resistance
- fills cracks and gaps in the brickwork, which reduces draughts
- increases the life of your walls by protecting the brickwork
- reduces internal wall condensation helping to prevent damp (but will not solve rising or penetrating damp)
- is best installed at the same time as external refurbishment work to reduce the cost
- may need planning permission – check with your local council
- requires good access to the outer walls
- is not recommended if the outer walls are structurally unsound and cannot be repaired
Financing External Wall Insulation
There are many ways to finance it – having a warm home won’t break the bank. SS Allied can help with a range of Flexible Finance options for our customers. Every household is different. Our advisors help you work out the finance you require to pay for your insulation. We offer flexible terms, 0% interest and buy now pay later credit. The Green Deal scheme was launched by the Government to encourage homeowners to upgrade their energy efficiency ratings with no upfront cost. The cost of the work carried out is covered by your future savings from the insulation.
How it Works
First a layer of insulation material is attached to the walls using mechanical fixings and adhesive. This acts as a barrier to the heat that is lost from your walls. We coat this material in a protective layer. There are several external finishes you can choose from; pebble dash, masonry, tiled, etc.
On completion we replace any external wall features that have previously been removed. External wall insulation can be applied with minimal disruption.